Thursday 2 September 2010

Out with the new, In with the old


Deep breath fashion followers, for this could be my most exciting and revealing blog post yet....ok, so maybe not, but today I spent the afternoon at the Antiques Roadshow - too funny!


The one and only Sebulous - A.R fan extraordinaire. His poor lil' face when they told him there had been a problem with the merchandise truck and he wouldn't be able to get his A.R tea towel. Bless.


Just one of the million queues I spent my afternoon in. I was at the British Museum from 2.30 - 5.30....I spent 3.15 hours of that queuing. Fun. Not. Much.


Good old Fi Brucey in an uncharacteristically not totally hid outfit....must have known I was coming! Bless her though; she was accosted by some right munters wanting pics. It really isn't all glamour!


Proving you can't believe everything you see on't telleh, this may look like a fancy wancy piece of plant art, but is actually faux-piary! Yes, it’s plastic - the cheating bastards!!


Sebulous aka. the eagerest A.R beaver listening very intently while the book expert basically told him he didn't really care about his complete collection of James Bond paperbacks including FOUR 1st editions! Cheek of it!


Ta-da! My Nana Golda's dancing ballerina musical clock which I took to be evaluated. I'm proud to announce that the nice expert man confirmed it is genuine original late 1950's - early 1960's plastique! Yay! As they say, you can't put a price on sentimental value though, and this clock really does mean the world to me - so there you Fabergé eggers!


Sadly this is as close as Seb and I got to the filming today, as we weren't picked out the crowd (ruddy useless antiques we took)! Their loss I say - missed out on some first class telly!

No comments:

Post a Comment