Friday, 29 January 2010
Yes girls and boys I’m off again, and this time to Africa! I’m not sure I’ll be able to update while I’m out there, but please check back in two weeks to see all about my African adventure….
Love and kisses,
p.s. And there I was thinking it was only Scots and Marc Jacobs who wore man-skits!
Wednesday, 27 January 2010
It’s not just because I’m kinda obsessed with their crazy, brilliant, pr manager Felicity, and think she might be my soulmate (although I am, and I do), but right now I just wanna blow my entire crappy measly salary on Angel Jackson….here are the 5 reasons why…
1. It’s a Young independent label. When I was younger (and far more naïve and idealistic) I vowed I’d only ever buy clothes from young up-and-coming designers. Then the British High Street got its act together and my money and morals went down the drain. Angel Jackson is that young independent label you’re always hoping to find though – i.e. one that’s actually good. And despite their success Katie and Millie (the sisters behind it all) have remained uncorrupted and stayed true to their dream. Arcadia group go suck on that (except Tosho which I love, eek)!
2. Their Jaguar bags. I have two, and apparently I’m not the only one with a thing for them. French Vogue have just called in a selection of the patent luxor totes, and Anna Trevelyan (aka Gaga’s stylist) loves them too…I’m in good company don’t you recks?
3. They’re Ethical! Yes yes, I know it’s very de jour at the moment, and believe me I don’t usually go in for all this eco/ charity bull, but, Katie and Millie have acheived what I was beginning to think was impossible and created a young, sexy, ethical fashion label that’s not shit, smug or preachy. Hallelujah!
4. Bumbags. I love them, and really am too excited that 2010 is the year of their triumphant return. Mark my words, by 2011 you’ll all be wondering how you ever lived without one (or 8). I can’t wait to start freeing my hands and shoulders and putting my hips to good use once more, and these beauts are top of my bumming list. Oooh yeah!
5. Felicity. Ok, I know I said it wasn’t about her, but what can I say – I warned you I was a little obsessed……
Monday, 25 January 2010
I hope this finds you well.
I wanted to let you know about a collection of limited edition product Grosvenor Shirts have created with FIFA / Global Brands for the 2010 World Cup™ as I thought it would be of interest to for any relevant World Cup features, news round ups, product round up you may be working on….
Erm, no. Never. Not in a million years. Please see said shirts below….
…..speechless? Yes, so was I. Thankfully I’ve now regained my composure, and can whole-heartedly say that these are truly THE most disturbing garments I’ve seen in while. I’m at a total loss as to the circumstances in which you’d think – Hhhmmm, I need to dress smartly, but still want to express my total love and devotion to my national football team. Ha, I know my £200 (YES - £200!) white, premium, 2 fold Royal Twill limited editition2010 World Cup™ shirt should do the trick...I’m sorry, but there’s just no need for them…in fact, I’ll give a prize to anyone who can give me a legitimate fashion related reason for their existence....in fact, i'll buy you one myself!
Friday, 22 January 2010
Thursday, 21 January 2010
Coco before Chanel was fantastic (if you haven't yet seen it do....don't tackle the book though, it's a bore!), but it’s A Single Man’s impending release which has really got my fashion juices flowing (check out the trailer if you haven't already). Set in the 1960’s the film has been described as being visually like one Italian Vogue editorial after another (shiver down spine). Not only is it directed by Ford – i.e. THE most stylish man currently walking the earth, but the sets are by the team behind Mad Men – i.e. THE most stylish programme on TV. All in all it is a visual feast....a study in perfectionism and beauty...a veritable style-fest! As well as Costume Design A Single man is also up for Best Actor for Colin Firth, and Rising Star for Nicholas Hoult. Tom Ford definitely seems to agree with the latter as he’s cast Nicholas as the Face of his Spring/ Summer 2010 campaign – a great gig for a boy who’s best known for his roles in About a boy and Skins, eh! Not that I’m complaining; as usual the ads are oozing with that very special brand of Tom Ford style and sex which just makes you, well, lust – whether it be for his latest sunglasses, suit, fragrance, or, erm, Face. Ooh, I’ve just come over all Sam Taylor-Wood...
Monday, 18 January 2010
I’ll start with the bad because let’s be honest, it’s more fun. I’ve split them into the following groups – Fallen fashion icons; I think your stylist hates you, and, Eek you’ve been in Hollywood too long.
Fallen fashion icons
Like most fashionistas I’m usually a great advocate of Chloe ‘how the hell do you pronounce her surname’ Sevigny, but last night she looked like an ornamental napkin in a hideous Valentino number. No no no!
Diane Kruger lost her usual sultry spark in this Christian Lacroix Barbie doll special. Maybe it’s just me, but it looks like something I dreamt up when I was 5, and I just don’t think it does her justice. She does however win the prize for best arm-candy – HOW HOT has Joshua Jackson got. In fact, I take it all back – Diane, good work!
I think your stylist hates you…
Kate Hudson, I see you’ve inherited your mothers questionable dress sense. Please tell me how you end up walking down the red carpet at the Golden globes dressed as a slutty bride. Pray tell…. Marchesa (for the dress), and Casadei (for the shoes) – you should be ashamed!
“Oi Maz I can see your slip poking out from the split in your dress”
“Yeah, Pen. Well at least I don’t look like I’ve come dressed as Spanish loo roll holder”
Ok – well apart from the visible slip I do actually like Marion Cotillard’s Christian Dior number. I just can’t get down with Penelope Cruz in this Giorgio Armani Privé dress. It’s just too much.
Eek, you’ve been in Hollywood too long
This lot have been split into the following sub-groups –A bit boring but gorgeous nonetheless and Interesting and elegant – top fashion points. There are only two groups as sadly, there were far fewer well dressed celebs last night (I’m hoping they’re saving the big guns for the Oscars)!
A bit boring but gorgeous nonetheless
Sunday, 17 January 2010
Wednesday, 13 January 2010
I got bored waiting for the cab to the airport so decided to turn the contents of my hand luggage into a gift guide on the kitchen table. I always carry my jewellery in my hand luggage, because if my case went missing it’s the thing I’d be most sad to loose. Si without the bling is like Dolce without the Gabbanna.
With 6 hours to kill at Heathrow the only thing to do was eat and shop. Mum fell in love with these tortoise shell Chanel sunnies. Sadly at £263 they weren’t a snip so she left empty handed. Oh Chanel – why do you torture us so….
From the sophisticated slopes of Switzerland to the ghastly gates of Gatwick. You say mean, I say national service. Whoever you are I hope you’re reading this. There is nothing right about this ensemble. Burn it all and start again. Now. Please.
For the rest of you this is how NOT to do the following trends; stone washed denim, ankle boots, sheepskin jackets, colour clashing, checked shirts, layering. See – learning from others mistakes can be fun.