Thursday 2 September 2010

The collaboration of my (wet) dreams!

Yes, your eyes do not deceive you - Lanvin have teamed up with H&M for their latest designer collaboration - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???!!!
I for one am majorly excited. I don't usually go in for all this high-street-high-end collaboration malarky. Good designs, bad fabrics, and queuing from the break of dawn with the hoi polloi whilst breakfast tv cameras swarm around like angry flies. No thank you - not my cup of tea at all. Lanvin though. Hhmmm...well this is a whole different kettle of fish. Frances oldest couture house -the epitome of style and sophistication...I think I've just lost my moral high-ground...see ya in the queue!!
Still not persuaded? Then I leave you with the words of Mr Elbaz himself, “H&M approached us to collaborate, and see if we could translate the dream we created at Lanvin to a wider audience, not just a dress for less. I have said in the past that I would never do a mass-market collection, but what intrigued me was the idea of H&M going luxury rather than Lanvin going public. This has been an exceptional exercise, where two companies at opposite poles can work together because we share the same philosophy of bringing joy and beauty to men and women around the world.” Alber Elbaz, artistic director of Lanvin.


No comments:

Post a Comment