Saturday 18 September 2010

Ashley Isham SS11 - Behind the scenes!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get backstage at the Ashley Isham show. Tamara was styling, and I was meant to be assisting - although with all the excitement and (organised) chaos, I ended up falling into journo mode and snapping shots and getting quotes!

You've all probably seen images from the catwalks, but get ready to see where the magic happens!


The show took place in the On/Off show space. Here is a list of our look numbers and models, which was sadly little use to me as I could only put one face to a name, and there were about 20 of them!


The clothes arrived all bagged-up and not looking very glamorous at all. We also had a board of pictures of each model in her looks, but again, once the action started there wasn't much time for triple checking!


The team (L - R) - Malcom Edwards, hair stylist extraordinaire; Tamara, who was styling the show; Jess, one of her assistants; and last but by no means least, the man himself - Ashley Isham (who was looking rather dashing in a choir boy kinda way I thought)!


Me getting a mani backstage...yes, it's a hard life! What's more it's not just any mani, as it was done by Sarah Bacchus - Celebrity nail technician. I was actually providing a service don't ya know, as Sarah needed to do a colour trial-run, and there were no models there yet....talk about right place right time! Stupidly I forgot to take down a ref of the colour, but it's a gorgeous nude...yummy!


My fave picture of the day! Malcom and team working away on a girl while she reads - love it!


Models in waiting. The post hair and make-up, pre dress rehearsal lull...



Gorgeous green eyes, by Pro-MAC make-up artist (and all round lovely lady) Sharon Dowsett.


The set. How beautiful! I thought they were very magical rain-forest.


Head-wear genius Kiko (with the blue hair) and his team working like maniacs to finish his 4 incredible head pieces backstage. I don't think I saw any of the look-up for about 3 hours...didn't envy them at all. The hard-work definitely paid off though!


One of my fave looks from the collection. I love the graphic print, burnt orange and shape of the dress, and the headdress (literally) topped it off perfectly!


My favourite headdress. They were made from silk flowers, crystal and laser-cut brass - just incredible! In case you hadn't already guessed Kiko is the man behind many of La Gaga's head pieces. I'm thinking I'd like one instead of a veil when I get married...


Trio of blue dresses...

Beautiful black gowns...


Raphael Young shoes, which I'm totally in love with! He's a new designer, and I think the next Nicholas Kirkwood....deffers one to watch!


Tamara jubilant at the end of the show, clapping away to our fantastic closing song - Rock the boat The Hues Corporation - TUNE!

No comments:

Post a Comment