Sunday 21 February 2010

Sunday.....was not a day of rest

Urgh - I've been in technological HELL for the last 24 hours. It was at about this time last night that I headed East to re-fuel (i.e. have my first hot meal in 2 days), and update my blog. 24 hours later (and with the help of amazing IT god from work) it's up! Apparently I was attempting to load videos of epic proportion....oops! Anyway - a day after every other fashion blog in the universe, here is what I saw, loved and wasn't so sure about yesterday!
p.s. After 3 hours of faffing around with this I passed out in bed with a family size pack of Doritos and missed the Mulberry and Westwood parties last night - loser!

OMG – so, there’s no other news to go in on, other than that I was with in, well, sneezing distance of Janet Jackson! Yes, of all people you don’t expect to see at LFW – let alone at the Todd Lynn show! She just came from nowhere. One minute I was sitting there handing out grapes from the bottom of my Prada, the next there were a million photographers jumping each other to try and get to someone. When Fleur from Oasis said it was Janet I honestly thought she was taking the piss (just seconds earlier she’d said it was Whitney, so you can hardly blame me)! Anyway, there she was, Janet bloody Jackson sitting right there in front of me….madness, madness I tell you. Needless to say I can hardly recall a thing about the collection because I spent the whole time starring at her and trying to remember to breath! Anyway, apart from that I’ve been a rather busy and productive girl today…especially considering I’ve only had FOUR hours sleep – sick. I’ve just popped home to eat, try and have a nap (which now ain’t gonna happen) and generally re-group before the parties tonight and I’m finding it hard to remember what I’ve done today. Have just looked through my pics though and it seems my day has been something like this…
9am – Betty Jackson
10am – Richard Nicoll
11ish – back to the office to change my shoes and tights as I got drenched (shock horror my £11 pumps leak)
1 – Matthew Williamson
2.15 – Todd Lynn
3.30 – Mulberry presentation
4.30 – Julien Macdonald (which I missed as someone told me it had moved venues and it hadn’t – nice)!
6.15 – home to refuel and rest!

So, today I’ve been a bit obsessed with filming the shows on my FLIP – I hope you like. I just thought that I’m not great at getting pics….in my defence it’s quite hard because my camera’s not amazing (if anyone wants to donate one please feel free), and also I’m never really gonna get a clear shot from the 5th row! I thought it was quite nice and atmostpheric to do videos anyway though – ya know, hear the music, watch the models stomp and all that….so get your seasickness tablets at the ready, buckle your seatbelts and come on a fashion ride!

Might nightmare mess of a bedroom as I haven't been in it, awake, for more than 15 minutes for about a week

Today breakfast was free courtesy of the ‘Fashionista Soup Kitchen for poor and hungry fashion journalists’ aka. the press lounge in the BFC tent at Somerset house…

Betty Jackson
The show was far too pagan for me at times – head scarves and utilitarian lines. Some cute leather crop tops were the only nod to sex (but then even a nun wouldn’t go to Betty Jackson for raunch). There was some fluro orange fabric scarily like the one I brought in Zambia. The return or corduroy – the jury’s still out on that – it does tend to make me look a bit chunk of thigh – and a yummy droplet of double denim. Honestly there wasn’t anything I’d buy, BUT (yes, it is a big but) Betty Jackson’s a British fashion institution, and it was an honour to see her show.


Richard Nicoll
Velvet, bull dog clips jewellery (by Erikson Beamon), chiffon, burnt orange, ice blue, dusky blues, square satin back packs. Beautiful, sensual – a fashion masterclass, I WANT IT ALL!


Matthew Williamson
So, I had a standing ticket for MW – to be honest I was surprised to even get a ticket (until I got there and realised they’d literally invited anyone who’d ever uttered the word ‘Fashion’), so was just happy to be there. Standing turned out to be as good as FROW though, so I thought I’d take advantage and film the entire show for you. I’ve never really been a big Williamson fan to be honest – I’ve always thought of him as designing floaty dresses with annoying necklines which are only suitable for people with no boobs in annoyingly ethnic-ish butterfly print chiffon. Anyway, I eat my words – I was blown away. The collection was far more mature and interesting than I was expecting. Colour wise there were amazing electric blues, almost fluro fuscias, smouldering bronze and even black and grey! Print wise he’s thankfully moved on from the GAP year thing and they were a lot more abstract and complex. All in all I thought a lovely show and lovely collection – shut me up!



Todd Lynn
There were boys on the catwalk at Todd Lynn – sadly none of them were sexual, but was nice all the same! Now – I have to be honest, I was slightly distracted by La Jackson, but from what I can remember there were lots of clean lines, a neutral pallete – slate, grey, black, fur and S&M leather straps all over the shop. African and Japanese warriors were apparently a theme, and this was really visible in the coats and jackets which ranged from leather and suede skin-tight armour to crazy-big shouldered Mongolian-stylee fur numbers– Wooha!


There are no words for how excited I was - still can't believe I was in the same room, breathing the same air as JJ. Apparently Todd did the clothes for her last tour so she flew in especially - amazing!

The ever fabulous Stefan Lindemann (aka Matchy Matchy) and super-stylish photographer Chiko Ohayon in the cab on the way to Mulberry


Mulberry Presentation
This is SO cute. It was only a presentation, but was honestly one of my fave fashion week moments. There was such a fun, vibrant atmosphere (jungle book sound track - utter GENIUS), and I LOVE the collection. It's all so cute and wearable, definitely my fave Mulberry shoes so far - the fluro coral ones were so beautiful. There and then I decided I want to be Mulberry girl...maybe I'll see if they'll sponsor me?! Also - this so isn't me, but how cute is the doggy!

This is Gemma Kimmings. I spotted her working in the MAC drop-in pod in the BFC tent and I was totally taken with her earring. I couldn't believe it when she told me she made it herself - how amazing - so much talent about.

No comments:

Post a Comment