Saturday 20 April 2013

Cath Kidston's 20th anniversary: A night of crafts and cocktails!

Quaint, comforting, homely and slightly eccentric, Cath Kidston is instantly recognisable, and one of those brands who feel like they've been around forever.  So I was more than a little surprised when I was invited to a party to celebrate their 20th birthday (only 20? Gosh that makes me feel old!).  

True to brand this wasn't just any old beers in a bar kinda shindig; instead we (myself and a gaggle of other fashiony web types) were given the chance to indulge our inner Domestic Goddesses with candle making and cake decorating (led by East London's very own Queen of Cakes Lily Vanilli)…all helped (or in my case hindered) along by some utterly delicious, dangerously potent cocktails!  

So here are some pics from the night.  Make sure you check out the animated Cath Kidston story at the bottom, it's utterly charming and uplifting, and is guaranteed to put a smile on your face!  

Nothing makes me happier than coordinating my cocktail with my outfit!

My limited edition 'Coming up Roses' mug ready to be transformed into a candle

Phoebe repping for xoJane UK!  

Carefully pouring my birthday cake scented wax (yes, it smells as good as it sounds!)


                                                                                         
Our cake decorating goodies
Lily of Lily Vanilli (yes, I was a little bit starstruck!)
My less than perfect icing rose (I blame the heat/ melting icing!)
                               
Ada with her very professional looking rose (jealous? Me? Never!)

Me looking smug...and tipsy (smipsy?) with my first cake
My quartet of cakes. Yes, I was going for 'rustic'

                                     
The #CK20 crew: Ada, Phoebe, Moi et Celeste from Exposure PR



The Cath Kidston story....

                                      

For more information on how you can get involved in Cath Kidston's 20th birthday celebrations and their limited edition 'Coming up Roses' birthday range (everything from crockery and handbags to the 'Coming up Roses' book - the inspiring story of how Cath developed her business - Sheryl Sandberg move over!) head to the Cath Kidston website....

No comments:

Post a Comment