Thursday 5 August 2010

Trench wars

I used to love a spot of arts and crafts when I was younger; I was forever creating bits of tat and palming it off on friends and family as presents - pen holders made of finished loo rolls, glittery pink friendship bracelets, and soap made of tissue (admittedly one of my stranger concepts). Then I grew up, earned some money, and started buying people actual nice things from actual shops instead, and my arts and craft days became a thing of the past...until now! Maybe it's because I'm freelancing and have much time and little money, but I was beyond excited when I heard that Comptoir des Cotonniers (that chic French brand with Zara before-they-got-really-over-priced prices) have launched a competition to customise your own trench coat. The comp is to celebrate their 15th birthday (and 15 years of their iconic trenches), and the winner wins a super-handy £850 to spend in-store (which would sort me out with a new wardrobe and a couple of non-hand-made pressies to boot)!

Now obviously with my prestigious arts background I'm probably going to win, but if you'd like to have a go 'just for the fun of it' check out the Comptoir des Cotonniers website for more details and the application form...and be quick, comp closes on 6th September! Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment