Wednesday 4 November 2009

Stationery nirvana - my Smythson dream


Before you start reading I just want to let you know that there’s no real story to be told, no moral, no funny anecdote – it’s simply me boasting.

Today I managed to escape the office to pop into the Smythson press day and meet at long long last the lovely Bianca (one of the pr girls) who I’ve been speaking to for over two years now but never met, and…..I got my very first ever Smythson diary!! For those who don’t know what I’m talking about – duh! No, but seriously, I’m not so deep into fashion la-la land that I think everyone knows who Smythson are. You see in fashion circles they are the first and last word in stationery. No fashion editor would be seen dead on the FROW without their Smythson fashion diary, and their personalised thank-you notes really are the only polite way to thank pr’s for their generous gifts. Established in 1887 and with Sam Cam as Creative Director their products are beautifully made and quintessentially British, and I’ve been desperate to get my hands on something ever since entering the world of magazines a couple of years ago! So, today a dream was fulfilled as I was gifted a beautiful Panama pocket diary! It may not be the Fashion diary I was hoping for (and starting at £125 I may be waiting a while, and anyway I really want the one with the special Smythson clasp which is £195, so the cheaper one’s actually totally irrelevant), but when I carefully untied the navy ribbon and peaked into the box (ok – I ripped into it like a crazed toddler high on a whole pack of Harribo whilst stomping up New Bond street) my heart fluttered as I saw what it was. It’s safe to say I’m in love, and I fear it’s gonna be an expensive affair!

No comments:

Post a Comment